AmeriMark Direct is a leading direct marketer of women’s apparel, personal care products, jewelry, watches, and health care merchandise. Products are sold online and through catalogs. We are looking for hardworking, dedicated individuals to add to our teams as we drive digital growth and provide the best quality and customer service to our customers. With plenty of opportunities for advancement, the possibilities with AmeriMark are endless.
This role is challenging – above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll have a big role within a fast-paced team. The challenge doesn’t come without reward; you’ll have the opportunity grow your career while building a world-class team.
Your day to day will vary but here’s an idea of what you’ll work on:
- Maintain front line vendor relationship for the categories managed.
- Review new items for initial assortment review and possible recommendation.
- Conduct cost comparisons, price negotiations, vendor terms, and quality assessments for all new and existing items.
- Review all catalogs and market to maintain competitive retail pricing and on trend assortment while maintaining budgeted margin targets for their category across all related books.
- Analyze Category, vendor, sales and margin targets to achieve performance and financial targets.
- Assist Title Leads (SR Buyer / Director) with strategy development and execution.
- Proof all creative v-links and web content for all catalogs where their products are featured.
- Assist the title lead (Sr Buyer / Director) in layout, turnover and book pagination planning.
- Analysis catalog items, feature space, sales targets, and margins to achieve financial benchmarks.
- Provide direction regarding item features, photography style and creative content to support sales and customer preference within their categories.
- Oversee samples and facilitate with creative and photography requests.
- Coordinate with inventory, customer service, and DC quality control samplings.
- Maintain assortment plans, vendor communication, and catalog coordination across the organization.
Our ideal candidate
- The ability to influence events and or people by properly perceiving situations and variables involved and adopting to the most appropriate leadership style.
- Ability to establish purchasing strategies to maintain customer, sales and financial targets
- Ability to analyze data to develop data driven decisions and strategies to move business forward and achieve financial targets.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all channels including verbal, written and digital.
- Origination, multitasking, and ability to achieve on time delivery of competing projects.
- Attention to detail is critical along with a basic understand of retail math.
- Cross functional communication and basic computer skills (office 365) is a must.
- Undergraduate education is preferred but not required
What’s in it for you?
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Casual/flexible work environment, no suit or ties
- 401(k) with company match, PTO, paid holidays and your birthday off with pay!
- Discount on our brands!