The Controller position is primarily responsible for accounting activities, integrity of the general ledger, internal and external reporting, as well as develops and manages strategies, operations and policies, tax, financial statement preparation and reporting, and customer accounting functions.
Your day to day will vary but here’s an idea of what you’ll work on:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of overall objectives, process improvements, policies, and procedures for the finance group
- Compliance with established policies, procedures & regulations
- Review financial and operating reports, analyzing the performance of each function
- Develop departmental programs to comply with organizational requirements
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management
- Identify, develop, and recommend revisions to internal standards, policies, operating procedures, financial controls, as well as new programs to improve effectiveness, transparency & client focus
- Oversee the work of division accounting staff; periodically reviewing work priorities and assignments as well as interviewing and recommending candidates when necessary
- Work with corporate managers at all levels to ensure appropriate transaction recording and financial information dissemination
- Make complex decisions regarding a variety of financial and business management activities
- Ensure the integrity of reports to regulatory agencies, public and internal examiners, and management
- Ensure that all financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and apply advanced knowledge of accounting principles to work performed
- Partnering with external service provider to manage tax compliance
Our ideal candidate
- 10 years accounting experience in a retail/merchandise driven environment
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- CPA (preferred)
What’s in it for you?
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Casual/flexible work environment, no suit or ties
- 401(k) with company match, PTO, paid holidays and your birthday off with pay!
- Discount on our brands!